Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Month In Review



Where has February gone?! It's seems like the days and weeks just flew by.  I feel awful that I have neglected my blog world for so long. I figured I'd do a little update on what has happened for me this month.


-I have been working a lot on my personal art. Recently, I have gone to few of those new trend wine and painting places, and I think it is just about the greatest thing ever! Its an amazing social atmosphere and its all about two of my favorite things in the world: painting and wine! Why didn't I think about opening a place like this.... #goal2015?



- School has been crazy. My quarter ends this week so I have been bombarded with final projects, papers, powerpoints, and endless discussion boards. I think getting my Master's degree in this format sometimes makes it hard to enjoy the fun things about the internet and my computer. That's why I need to remember to leave some personal fun time for me without school pressures (i.e. Pinterest, Facebook, Prescriptions for Postgrad...)


- Likewise, internship has been wild. The kiddies were on school vacation week so we had them all day rather than just in the afternoons. Let me tell you- I was exhausted when Friday came around. It takes a lot of energy to always be "on". But I honestly had some great experiences. We went roller skating, saw the Lego movie, had an exotic animal show, and went out for pizza. As much as I am trying to help them and teach them, I feel that I am learning so much more from them. I'm going to have a hard time saying bye when my internship is over.


-New obsession: OrangeLeaf frozen yogurt. I. can't. stop. The froyo is so delicious and I feel a lot healthier than downing a container of Ben & Jerry's. My favorite is orange topped with some strawberry Boba and gummy bears. I really love the fruity flavors, but I don't hesitate to sample the newest chocolately combinations either.

Mom & I at OrangeLeaf! Yum!
                                         

- Looking forward to the resurrection of one of my favorite shows this week after a few months hiatus. Thank goodness! Don't get me wrong... it's not that I don't love learning the anatomy of all my limbs... but I'd much rather just watch all the love connections and drama on Grey's Anatomy.
(P.S. First year Med School, can you be done already? I'm counting down till the summertime...)




- Can't wait for warmer weather. Like a true New Englander, it reached 40 degrees this past weekend and I was ready to put on my bikini. Alas, I settled for a t- shirt and no jacket.



Overall, it's been an interesting month filled with snow, family, laughs, love, new adventures, and wishful thinking. Sorry for the randomness of this entry, just figured I'd play a little game of catch up to get back on track. I wonder what life has in store for me next... I just hope there's some froyo along the way.


xoxo
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment