Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Going Once, Going Twice...

This weekend gave J and I an opportunity to get a lil fancy. The two of us LOVE dressing up. It makes us feel important and classy (and a little sasssssssy). And it's nice to pretend we're richer than usual and that we just flew in on our private jet.... (sigh...). Friday night, J's school held an auction to support a local food bank. Most of the students in his class provided something to auction off. J and his roommates offered their place for a springtime BBQ- burgers, buns, and beers provided. Their event sold for $245.00. The guys were a little disappointed... they think their meat is worth more than that (;





ANYWAYS.... the event was fully catered, and they provided beer and red/white wine. I enjoyed lots of the red wine and it was a great time! We got to socialize and chat with others while indulging in more than our usual grilled cheeses. I love watching J work a room. He is so charismatic and charming. He moves from person to person and group to group, getting great laughs, and hugs from everyone. J is such genuine person and I feel so lucky to be the girl on his arm. I see the way that people look at him, and they all adore him. (But not as much as me!!) Seeing this side of him always reminds me how lucky I am to have him in my life.





After the event, the guys held an after party where the main attraction was their bass bumping Club Garage. I danced the night away, like a complete FOOL (except for the short break I took when the fog machine went haywire and I thought there was a fire). Dancing like that is one of my favorite things! However, I'm definitely not very good. I can't read rhythm and I can't follow steps... but I love being crazy silly and singing at the top of my lungs. I tried to split my time between playing the first lady hostess, and being a go go dancer. And I think I did a pretty good job! At the end of the night, I fell asleep on the couch (while there were still some guest there- oops!). When I opened my eyes, J was gently waking me. My right leg was asleep, and I was pretty out of it. Seeing that I was dazed and confused, J picked me up and carried me up the stairs to bed. It was the sweetest thing. At the end of the night, I was feeling like the luckiest (sleepiest) girl in the world.


Even in these situations, when we were surrounded by hundreds of people, I often felt like were the only ones in the room. It's moments like this that get me through the tough times- the weeks that drag on forever, the days I just want him next to me, the hours I wish medical school didn't exist. We have to cherish the wild nights, and the simple moments. These are the times that make our lives richer. Forget the private jet ride. I'd take being held and tucked into bed over that anytime.


xoxo
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment